Friday, December 08, 2006

Wintertime in Ohio

"Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow"
Yes, it's a crisp 18 degrees...Fahrenheit. If you don't know what that means,
go here ---> http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm Type 18 in the box marked "F". It's cold! But with the cold comes beautiful blankets of snow :-) Here are some pictures I took, as well as video, if I can figure out how to attach them.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ohio is circled with yellow and the red dot is Akron (Where my uni is). Adam Hendricks is in Wisconsin, which is between 3 and 9 degrees F. That is the coldest point in the U.S. today!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Walking to the radio station at 2:00 pm. That's not the radio station though...it's the sports arena. It just happened to be where I was looking at the time.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The University of Akron has its own plows to clear the sidewalks (footpaths). And a massive supply of salt to melt the ice and provide friction so we don't slip! Alex: If you're reading this...how do they deal with snow in London?
After work at Starbucks, I go up to the radio station where my friend, Nick, is finishing his DJ shift. Video of us walking to his car at Midnight.
<Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A common instance when trekking through the snow. AND because we walk through salt on the sidewalk, the pants will dry but have white rings where the salt diffused through the denim. Lovely isn't it?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The road...yeah - it's under there somewhere! Hopefully the plows will come through tomorrow morning so cars don't slide too much. Accidents happen frequently in Wintertime Ohio.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My last look outside before I go to sleep. Considering it has been snowing for the past 10 hours, this isn't that bad. There have been times where it has snowed for 5 hours and we got a meter of snow!
***I hope you enjoyed today's snow! I know I did***

3 Comments:

At 12/12/2006 8:42 PM, Blogger Gloz said...

the snow reminds me of my good times in west virginia!! how come i didnt know u when i was there...argh, that was a very dumb question!!! i used to freeze when walking to class from dorm, couldnt really feel my nose at all, good times!! and u have no idea how much i miss u jennifah!!!!

 
At 12/20/2006 5:41 PM, Blogger Kristin-Bistin-Bo-Bistin said...

MSN, YOU GOT SNOW!!!! that's not fair..! I'm from FREAKIN NORWAY!!!! And all my precious snow melted away today.. My precioussssssssssssh....SO SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!

 
At 2/22/2007 5:54 AM, Blogger Kristin-Bistin-Bo-Bistin said...

OLD neeeeeeews! And I'm telling you girl, that there is NOTHING compared to the view I have from my livingroom-window. It's been snowing for almost three days straight! And you can't see anything there's so much snow! crazy snow blizzard...I'm trying not to get out of my house more than I absolutely need to.. :) still haven't done it today..
Hope all is well. Are you in N.Y this fall or what?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home