Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Random Ramblings of a Raving Rascal

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I miss Australia, but I have animals in the U.S. to keep me occupied...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A squirrel eating lunch on the fence in my front yard.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My roommate's cockatiel.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Our new dog Chase. He's been wandering up to our house for the past few days and we are slowly gaining his trust. We got him some food and a chewbone. My roommate Shawna is going to take him to the vet tomorrow (hopefully she can get him in the car) to make sure he's healthy.

He looks about 3-4 years old, he has a chain collar on him, and he doesn't look or smell like he's been homeless for too long. His temperment seems to be good as well. He let us pet him today and he 1/2 wagged his tail a few times. You can tell he is a bit malnourished and he is scared of people and noises. We have our old sofas on the porch and he's been sleeping on them all day. I'll let you know if we get to keep "Chase" and if he gets a bit happier.

**We named him Chase after the Australian doctor on the show House. He's, without a doubt, the cutest character on that show! Of course, it could be the accent that makes him that cute. I think he was also on Neighbours, but I never watched that show (Jesse Spencer).

Ah yes, there was some controversy on my myspace page. My roommate, Megan, left me this...
"im sorry...thought of you when i saw this!!"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was pissed off and I left a response for her...(using one of her pictures)
"I'm sorry, this is what I thought of...No one makes fun of Steveo and gets away with it!"
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I bit harsh - but I don't think it's funny to joke about him dying. He built his entire life around those animals and he did so much for Australia. His passion for life and his work was astounding and he'll definitely be missed. As far as I'm concerned, Australia Zoo will always be the home of the Crocodile Hunter.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 9/13/2006 6:30 AM, Blogger Gloz said...

yea i'll have to agree, when i saw that little animation/video of steve irwin, i was thinking...leave him alone! :(

and i miss you jennifah! i would love to go to canada, maybe as my graduation trip? john said he would come with me...haha

 
At 9/22/2006 11:17 PM, Blogger Redhillducks said...

Hey Jennifah,

Hope all's well. Enjoyed your animal pics, particularly the one of Chase. He looks adorable. Hope he comes back to you soon. Good on you for trying to take care of him!

Love,
Cat



"Dogs rule. God loves dogs. Because God spelt backwards, spells doG!"

 
At 11/09/2006 5:33 PM, Blogger Kristin-Bistin-Bo-Bistin said...

DON'T mess with STeve!!! May he rest in peace..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home